A trust registered in terms of the Trust Property Control Act, 57 of 1988, with Trust Number IT5367/95(T), hereinafter referred to as “the Trust”.
The following definitions shall apply to this Notice –
- Data Subject shall mean the person to whom Personal Information relates.
- Personal information shall mean information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to:
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person
- POPIA shall mean means the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013.
- Processing shall mean means any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, concerning personal information, including:
- the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use;
- dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of information,
and “Process”, when used as a verb, shall refer to any act of Processing
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the Trust Processing your Personal Information, provided that the lawfulness of the Processing of the Personal Information before such withdrawal or the Processing of Personal Information will not be affected.
In accordance with our Data Protection Policy, we will retain Personal Information only for as long as is necessary for its intended purpose, unless there is a legal obligation or a lawful reason to retain that Personal Information.
This Notice is subject, and will be interpreted according, to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
All requests, notices or other communications that you may direct to the Trust in terms of this Notice must addressed to the Information Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org